Saturday, July 11, 2009

With all of the major problems in the world, why is it, when I sit down to write, I really can't think of much to say?

I guess that is why I resisted the idea of blogging to begin with. I know that these words will just take up (cyber)space, and be read by no one else. I am probably in the running for the most boring blog on the internet.

Knowing my luck, I'd lose that contest, too.

Today is:

Bawming the Thorn Day, UK (I'm not sure I want to know!)

Bodmin Riding, Wales (Any excuse will do to get on a horse -- riding is wonderful no matter what the occasion.)

Buffalo Bill Day (We honor a man who slaughtered animals so that the Government could more easily exterminate the Natives?)

Bowdler's Day (We honor a man who believed in censorship?)

Chesapeake Turtle Derby

Feast of Theano (Greek Philosopher and mathematician.)

National Blueberry Muffin Day

National Cheer Up the Lonely Day

Swimming Pool Day

World Population Day


Famous Birthdays Today:

Jeff Corwin (1967)
Yul Brynner (1920)
John Quincy Adams (1767)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.