Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It seems that I have done something, and I'm not sure what.

I was clicking around on the buttons of the dashboard of this blog, and ended up with every control I was used to looking different.

I can't seem to get it back to the way it was.

I can't find the font color I liked so much, I think this is close, but not the same.

I went looking for ways to prewrite posts and have them publish later, when I am on my retreat.  Looks like I'm going to have to keep searching to figure out if there is a way to do this.

If there isn't, or if this Luddite can't find or use it, there may be a few days where I won't be able to blog.

Oh, well, when the most boring blog on the planet doesn't have anything new, is that really anything new? Hehehe.


Today is:

Big Whopper Liar's Contest

Cherokee Strip Day, Oklahoma

Collect Rocks Day (I guess it means besides all the ones in my head.)

Feast of St. Ludmilla, Patron of The Czeck Republic and Slovakia

Independence Day, Malaysia, Mexico, Papua New Guinea, Singapore

Lailat al Kadr -- Islam

Mayflower Day (The ship left England on this day.)

MIA Recognition Day

National Working Parents Day

National Cinnamon Raisin Bread Day

St. Cornelius' Day

St. Cyprian of Carthage's Day (patron of Algeria, North Africa)

St. Euphemia's Day

Stay Away From Seattle Day

Stepfamily Day

Trail of Tears Commemoration Day


Birthdays Today:

Marc Anthony, 1968
Jennifer Tilly, 1961
David Copperfield, 1956
Mickey Rourke, 1956
Robin Yount, 1955
Ed Begley, Jr., 1949
Peter Falk, 1927
B.B. King, 1925
Lauren Bacall, 1924
Allen Funt, 1914
James Cash Penney, 1875


Today in History:

The Massachusetts village of Shawmut changes its name to Boston, 1630
Handel's "The Messiah" premiers in Dublin, 1741
The Great Seal of the United States is used for the first time, 1782
Slavery is abolished in all French Territories, 1848
The Cherokee Strip, in Oklahoma, is opened, making land available to white settlers, 1893
Roald Amundsen discovers the magnetic south pole, 1906
William Durant, carriage-maker, founds General Motors Corp., 1908

1 comment:

  1. Write a post. Before you do anything else look below for the words post options. It'll be just under the post window on the left. Click, look directly across to the right and you'll see a box with dates and times. Set the date and time you want it to appear and then hit publish.
    Rinse, lather, repeat for all post to be scheduled.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.